Target populationAdult population
The Neurology service for adults has 24 years of existence, its primary objective is the study and treatment of various disorders or diseases affecting the central or peripheral nervous system of this population. We provide comprehensive medical attention for all pathologies and/or neurological diseases of both low and high complexity.
This service is provided in the outpatient, hospitalization and emergency settings.
Regular, academic, healthcare-related and multidisciplinary medical boards are held to deal with cases of high prevalence and significance, such as epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis, among others.
The service has all diagnosis support resources for complete analysis needed by all patients, from physiology to diagnostic imaging. Also, it performs healthcare functions continually (24 × 7) in conjunction with other departments in the clinic, such as emergencies, critical care, hospitalization and outpatient consultation in different surgical-medical specialties. And additionally, it promotes educational activities for training healthcare professionals in undergraduate and graduate programs and developing research lines in the neuroscience field.
Every physician is in charge of leading specific pathologies. Specific clinical pathologies are addressed, such as:
Diagnosis and assessment of patients is performed jointly by a group of professionals, in order to ensure a comprehensive decision on treatment and/or surgery as needed, all for the benefit of the patient.
The group of neurologists of Fundación Valle del Lili has a wide experience and knowledge in the field, some of them are university professors of Neurology, and often attend congresses and participate in international research.
We have a group of 7 full-time neurologists, and we offer the following services:
– Clinical Research Line and e-health for Parkinson’s disease.
– Dementia Board: clinical practice for memory disorders.
– Neuropsychological assessment and cognitive rehabilitation programs for adults.
– Transcranial Doppler for the study of cerebral circulation.
– Protocol for priority care of CVD in the emergency service: CVD code
– Encephalography and video telemetry studies for epilepsy.
– Polysomnography studies for sleep disorders.
– Neuroconduction and electromyography.
– Somatosensory evoked potentials.
– Visual evoked potentials.