Target populationPediatric and adult population.
The Service is fully available for adult and pediatric populations, including Outpatient Consultation, Emergency and Hospitalization.
Services offered include: reconstructive surgery with microsurgery, cleft lip and cleft palate surgery, post-bariatric surgery, functional reconstruction of soft tissues, facial and body cosmetic surgery, among others.
The Plastic Surgery Service focuses on the following fields:
– Microsurgical reconstructive surgery: using microsurgical techniques, functional reconstruction of coverage defects due to trauma, cancer or infections is performed.
– Cleft lip and cleft palate surgery.
– Post-bariatric surgery: addressed to patients with massive weight loss to recover facial or body contour affected by their condition.
– Functional reconstruction of soft tissues for burns and trauma sequelae.
– Reconstruction after skin cancer resection.
– Breast reconstruction after cancer surgery.
– Facial and body cosmetic surgery: facial rejuvenation, blepharoplasty (eyelids), otoplasty (ears), breast augmentation, mastopexy (sagging or ptotic breasts) and breast reduction; abdominoplasty and liposuction.
– Application of dermal fillers: hyaluronic acid and botulinum toxin for cosmetic purposes.
Six specialists in plastic and reconstructive surgery are part of the Service:
dra. Clara Inés Dorado Olarte, dra. Martha Mateus Gutierrez, dra. Juliana Giraldo Montoya, dr. Aelxander Ramírez Folleco, dra. Patricia Betancourt Justinico, dr. Juan Jacobo Mera Trujillo.