Target populationInfants and pediatric patient up to 18 years of age.
Respiratory diseases are the most prevalent cause of pediatric medical consultation. Fundación Valle del Lili offers to the community the Pediatric Pneumology Service, which allows timely diagnosis and treatment of children with lung diseases from birth to 18 years of age.
The most frequent diseases among people are:
Bronchiolitis, sinusitis, otitis, pneumonia, childhood asthma, cystic fibrosis, ciliary dyskinesia, tuberculosis, sleep disorders, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, congenital malformations of the respiratory tract, neuromuscular diseases, among others.
The Pediatric Pneumology service includes:
1. Pediatric Pneumology consultation: specialized consultation.
2. A Multidisciplinary team for patients with cystic fibrosis, which includes: specialized consultation in pediatric pulmonology, pediatric gastroenterology, nutrition, pulmonary rehabilitation therapy and social work.
3. Pulmonary function tests: pre- and post-bronchodilator spirometry, exercise challenge testing, carbon monoxide diffusing capacity, measurement of lung volumes by plethysmography, simple airway resistance test, pre-and post-bronchodilator oscillometry test, specific or non-specific (methacholine) bronchoprovocation tests for allergens, measurement of respiratory muscle strength, ergospirometry or integrated cardiopulmonary exercise test and six-minute walk test.
4. Pulmonary rehabilitation program for chronic respiratory diseases.
5. Pulmonary rehabilitation program for asthmatic patients.
6. Sleep study centers: polysomnogram, titration polysomnogram for medical devices.
7. Pediatric bronchoscopy: bronchoscopy, bronchoalveolar lavage, sampling for ciliary ultra-structural study.
The pneumology service currently has a medical team of two service- and teamwork–oriented, highly professional full-time pediatric pneumologists with several years of continuous work experience.
Cutting-edge technology is at the service of our patients. Also, our university hospital leads research and teaching activities as one of the fundamental mainstays of our mission.